Your top source for WSHS news

Panther Prowler

Netflix’s New and Emotional Show: 13 Reasons Why

13 REASONS WHY

13 REASONS WHY

• Beth Dubber/Netflix

• Beth Dubber/Netflix

13 REASONS WHY

Keelyn Olson, Staff Writer

A suicide, 13 tapes, a criminal case, and secrets. Clay Jensen is determined to uncover the mystery behind his friend, Hannah Baker’s, suicide. Before Hannah’s death, she sends out 13 cassette tapes to some of her classmates, who according to Hannah, are a part of the reasons why she died.

The Netflix series, which came out on March 31st, 13 Reasons Why, has got everyone talking. “13 Reasons Why is really addicting,” said sophomore Kendra Ames. “I can’t stop watching it.” The intriguing show follows Clay, as he listens to each tape. He tries to bring justice for Hannah, while everyone else who received the tapes tries to forget about Hannah and lie about what Hannah said about them on their tape.

The show is rated a 9.1 out of 10 stars on IMDb. On Netflix it also has a positive rating. The LA Times is calling 13 Reasons Why a “must see”, and Forbes is calling the show “Netflix’s best show in years”.

The show brings attention to some delicate and unspoken mental health issues, such as depression and suicidal thoughts. It also helps shine some light on how big of an issue bullying has become, especially cyber bullying.

So, if you’ve finished all your Netflix binge-worthy shows or you just want another good show to watch, be prepared for the heartening, emotional, and sometimes funny show, 13 Reasons Why.

Your top source for WSHS news