Panther Prowler

• Good luck at State Wrestling Aaron Bahr

• Jennifer Schilling in the LMC on Friday during lunch

Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping

Serena Fincher, Staff Writer

There are certainly not 174 million people in Wisconsin, but some students from West Salem, Wisconsin were among the millions that shopped on Grey Thursday and Black Friday. According to the National Retail Federation, there were over 174 million shoppers out over the Thanksgiving weekend. Of the 174 million, 64 million shopped online and in stores, 58 million only shopped online, and 51 million only shopped retail.

Abigail Richardson was among many of the shoppers on Thanksgiving. She went to Shopko with a friend to browse and check out the craziness. “I bought a gigantic teddy bear,” she says. “It was originally $100 and I got it for $25.”  Richardson also worked at Ulta Beauty in the Valley View Mall on one of those days. She said, “It was extremely busy, like non-stop busy, and I had to really focus.”

“It was busy, definitely eye-opening at how many people go out on Thanksgiving and Black Friday,” says Isaac Jacobson. He worked at Target on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Jacobson is also among the 58 million people who shopped online on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. He stated, “It was nice not having to sit in line at all.” Jacobson shopped on Amazon and purchased some gifts for his parents as well as some things for himself.

If you shopped on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, did you shop for yourself or others?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Your top source for WSHS news
Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping